Do it in style
1. The short, stiff stalks of grain or hay remaining on a field after harvesting.
2. Something resembling this material, especially the short bristly hairs on a man's unshaven face.
Chiefly British. A short, sleeveless, collarless garment worn especially over a shirt and often under a suit jacket; a vest.
1. A sleeveless garment, often having buttons down the front, worn usually over a shirt or blouse and sometimes as part of a three-piece suit. 2. A waist-length, sleeveless garment worn for protection: a thick, down vest; a bulletproof vest.
3. Chiefly British. An undershirt.
undershirt noun An upper undergarment, typically having short or no sleeves, worn next to the skin under a shirt.
A flexible band, as of leather or cloth, worn around the waist to support clothing, secure tools or weapons, or serve as decoration.
bikini noun a. A very brief, close-fitting two-piece bathing suit worn by women. b. A very brief, close-fitting bathing suit worn by men.
bow tie noun A short necktie fashioned into a bowknot close to the throat.
necktie noun A narrow fabric band of varying length worn around the neck and tied in a knot or bow close to the throat.
bowknot noun A knot with large, decorative loops.
flip-flop noun A backless, often foam rubber sandal held to the foot at the big toe by means of a thong.
thong noun A narrow strip, as of leather, used for binding or lashing.
cardigan noun A knitted upper garment, such
as a sweater or a jacket, that opens down the front.
[After the Seventh Earl of Cardigan, James Thomas Brudenell (1797-1868), British army officer..]
earring noun An ornament worn on or pendent from the ear, especially the earlobe.
earlobe also ear lobe noun The soft, fleshy, pendulous lower part of the external ear.
flare (in pl.) wide-bottomed trousers.
T-shirt also tee shirt noun 1.
A short-sleeved, collarless undershirt. 2. An outer shirt of a design similar to
[From its being shaped like the letter T when spread out.]
handbag noun 1. A woman's purse. A piece of small hand luggage.
1. The rounded posterior portion of the human foot under and behind the ankle.
2. a. The part, as of a sock, shoe, or stocking, that covers the rounded posterior portion of the human foot. b. The built-up portion of a shoe or boot, supporting the heel.
jean noun A heavy, strong, twilled cotton, used in making uniforms and work clothes.
jeans. Pants made of jean, denim, or another durable fabric.
twill noun 1. A fabric with diagonal parallel ribs. 2. The weave used to produce such a fabric.
denim noun A coarse twilled cloth, usually cotton, used for jeans, overalls, and work uniforms.
crew cut or crewcut noun A closely cropped haircut.
mustache also mous·tache noun The hair growing on the human upper lip, especially when cultivated and groomed.
po·ny·tail noun A hairstyle in which the hair is held back so as to hang down like a pony's tail.
leather noun 1. The dressed or tanned hide of an animal, usually with the hair removed.
hide noun The skin of an animal, especially the thick, tough skin or pelt of a large animal.
jacket noun A short coat usually extending to the hips.
boxer shorts plural noun Men's full-cut undershorts.
beard noun The hair on a man's chin, cheeks, and throat.
sandal noun A shoe consisting of a sole fastened to the foot by thongs or straps.
sunglasses. Eyeglasses with tinted or polarizing lenses to protect the eyes from the sun's glare.
glare an intense, blinding light.
[Site Map] [What's New] [Search]